Summer skating camp is being offered to any skater that is no higher than the Preliminary Moves level, but has passed Snowplow 3 and/or Basic 1 and as of August 12 are 4 years or older.
Skaters must be completely capable with using the restroom and dressing themselves, without assistance; counselors will help with skates. We will be offering the following levels at camp: Basics, Freestyle, and Hockey Skills.
SCHEDULE MONDAY – THURSDAY / 12:00pm – 5:00pm
12:00pm Drop-off (Monday check-in 11:45am)
12:15 – 12:45pm Yoga Class
12:45 – 1:15pm Strength & Conditioning Class
1:30 – 3:00pm On-ice; individual & group instruction + 30 minutes of showcase instruction*
3:15 – 3:45pm Craft & small snack; in lobby (snack brought by the skater)
4:00 – 4:45pm On-ice; individual and group instruction
4:45pm Dessert time
4:50 – 5:00pm Pick-up – outside
Thursday only – 4:30pm – Parent observation of our showcase number* – A rink
- All skaters will receive a camp shirt and team bandana on the first day.
- Skaters may request to be placed with their friends.
- Skaters should arrive dressed in skating clothes.
- Groups are divided by age for off the ice activities; once on the ice skaters will be divided by their skating level.
- Approximately 10 skaters/campers per counselor; counselor will remain the same all week.
- Groups may be mixed, girls and boys.
- Skaters should be able to dress themselves without assistance, as well as use the restroom without assistance.
- Skaters will rotate instructors on ice, as they progress through the levels.
- Skaters must bring a small, healthy snack; we will provide bottled water and a dessert each day.
- This is a “drop-off” camp; however you are free to stay.
- Skaters must be picked up by 5:00pm. There will be a $15 charge assessed per 15 minutes after 5:00pm. Pick-up will be outside A rink lobby if weather permits.